Who We’re Looking For…
You are super organized, love working with people (especially kids), and know how to throw a killer party, on or under budget. Our event coordinator will be famously known for their outstanding customer service and for helping organize memorable life events that exceed our client’s expectations.
You’ll help plan, market, and facilitate our creative workshops (watercolor, calligraphy, candle making, floral arranging, etc.), our new children’s birthday party division (think tea parties, super hero capes, flower crowns), and breezeway rental space (think business meetings, craft clubs, holiday parties). You’ll also be the face of our shops at offsite community events like Fircrest Fun Days.
- Help plan, organize, execute, and clean up after events both onsite and offsite
- Ensure that all arrangements for supplies, decorations, food, and entertainment are taken care of prior to, during and after each event
- Attentive to the value of staying under budget while planning event specifications
- Plan a budget/prepare financial reports
- Create and prepare event listings on website that consist of class description, instructor bio and photo, and other pertinent information
- Communicating with the marketing team to create effective advertisements for each event
- Help create and curate themed parties for adults and children
- Take care of any problems that arise/assist customers at the events
- Checkout customers during and after event if you are the only staff onsite – you will be cross-trained as a sales associate/team member
- Adaptable and comfortable working with a small staff in a collaborative environment
- Experience coordinating private and public events
- The ability (and desire) to work Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, as well as some weekdays
- Personable and able to serve as a welcoming, articulate, and knowledgeable spokesperson for Paper Luxe & The Curious Bear
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Advanced time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects under deadline
- Proficient management and coordination of signage, flyers, postcards, advertising pieces, digital information
- Be a good person
- Be nice
The Bottom Line
We’ve got a good thing started and we’re looking for the next team member to jump on board and run with it! You absolutely must be able to work Friday nights and weekends (like, almost every week). You have to love working with adults AND children. And you have to LOVE planning and running events, including the boring budgeting part and cleaning up after a gang of eight year olds manage to spill soda and cake on every single square foot we own.
Pay will be determined by your experience. This could easily turn into a full-time position if you are the right fit and want the hours. We know how important this position is to our growing line of businesses and want to compensate the right person so they feel valued for their work and time. Also, you get a pretty good employee discount on all the cute notebooks and pens your multi-tasking heart desires. And chocolate. And stuffed animals. And Hydro Flasks. And funny cards. You get the idea.
How to Apply
Please submit a unique cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org describing why this job appeals to you and how you are qualified for the position, along with a resume that is job specific. References will be requested if selected for an interview.